Dispute ends in fatal stabbing

first_img“They had packed it with a sheet, but blood kept coming out,” she said. The other man was also taken away in an ambulance, with his arm in a sling, onlookers said. was initially unclear [email protected] (626) 578-6300, Ext. 4461160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! PASADENA – A fight between two housemates Sunday led to one man stabbing the other to death, possibly in self-defense, police said. The two men are not being immediately identified, police said, but they are in their 40s and lived in a home at 1385 El Sereno Ave. The Pasadena Police Department was called to the house at 2:15 p.m. Sunday, where they found two injured men. Both were taken to the hospital, where one was dead within minutes, police said. Initially, police said one man stabbed the other in self- defense during a fight. But later in the evening, Lt. George Wiley said detectives were trying to figure out the circumstances that led to the homicide. No one had been arrested for any crime by Sunday night, but Wiley said detectives were still investigating the incident. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREOregon Ducks football players get stuck on Disney ride during Rose Bowl eventAbout a dozen people lived in the two-story Northwest Pasadena home, police said, although the circumstances of their residence . Wiley said it may be a flop house for various boarders, or, in recent months, some type of board-and-care facility. Police said other residents were home during the fight, and they had initially separated the men before the two resumed their scuffle. Many neighbors on the street were unfamiliar with specifics about the residents in the house. They said they didn’t notice anything unusual Sunday until the police and paramedics arrived. Neighbors said the home is usually quiet, though it is a place where many men come and go. Margie Lopez of Eagle Rock, who works at a group home across the street, said the house was a group home for mentally disabled adults. Three or four residents stay at the home, she said, which is staffed by caregivers. Lopez said the paramedics who were called to the scene waited for the police to arrive before entering the home. The man who later died was removed on a gurney. She said he was still alive, but his throat had been slashed. last_img read more